- Future- “I Won” ft. Kanye WestPosted 1 week ago
- Curren$y ft. Action Bronson- “Godfather 4″Posted 3 months ago
- Bebe Rexha: The Original “The Monster” aka “Monster Under My Bed” [CDQ Audio]Posted 4 months ago
- Mack Wilds ft. French Montana & Mobb Deep -”Henny” (rmx)Posted 4 months ago
- Chance the Rapper’s ‘Social Experiment’ DocumentaryPosted 4 months ago
Industry News: Lady Gaga Tops Forbes’ ‘Best-Paid Celebrities Under 30′
Forbes released their annual “Best-Paid Celebrities Under 30″ list last week, and it was Lady Gaga who reigned supreme, hovering miles above the likes of Justin Bieber, Beyonce, Rihanna, and even Lil Wayne.
Gaga earned an estimated $90 million between the months of May 2010 and 2011, while Beyonce, Rihanna and Lil Wayne made the list as well raking in a combined total of $79 million.
The pop star’s earnings comes from her shows, which grossed $170 million on 137 shows in 22 countries over the past 12 months; and her album sales, which estimated 15 million albums worldwide. Additionally, she’s earning some nice money from endorsement deals — including Polaroid, Virgin Mobile, Monster Cable, Viva Glam and PlentyOfFish.com.
Lebron James appeared on the list at #3. At 26 years old, he earned a reported $48 million over the past 12 months. Despite his reputation taking a hit for his departure from Cleveland, King James is still a money-maker. His jersey was the NBA’s best seller this season and he has the #1 basketball shoe on the market. In April, James partnered with Fenway Sports Group to manage his business interests, and as part of the deal James received a very small stake in the FSG-owned soccer club Liverpool.
Nine musicians made the cut in this year’s list, with Justin Bieber being the youngest, and the 29-year-old Beyonce the eldest of the group on the list. Beyonce popped up at #8 after earning $35 million. Forbes noted that was low placement for the diva due to the fact she spent most of the past year off the road and recording her new album, 4, due June 28.
Rihanna earned $29 million to give her the #11 spot, thanks to her chart-topping fifth studio album, Loud, and it’s supporting tour.
Lil Wayne just barely made Forbes’ list with his $15 million in earnings in the past year. However, it should be noted that he was incarcerated for most of the time, released just months ago in November 2010.
In addition to rappers, sports stars, actors, and others made the list — including Dwight Howard, Dwyance Wade, Carmelo Anthony, and “Twilight” stars Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson.
Dealer: Baller Status
The full list is as follows, courtesy of Forbes.com:
1. Lady Gaga, $90 million
2. Justin Bieber, $53 million
3. LeBron James, $48 million
4. Roger Federer, $47 million
5. Taylor Swift, $45 million
6. Katy Perry, $44 million
7. Cristiano Ronaldo, $38 million
8. Beyonce Knowles, $35 million
9. Lionel Messi, $32 million
10. Rafael Nadal, $31 million
11. Rihanna, $29 million
12. Dwight Howard, $28 million
13. Dwyane Wade, $26 million
14. Carmelo Anthony, $25 million
15. Maria Sharapova, $24 million
16.-17. Kristen Stewart, $20 million; Robert Pattinson $20 million
18.-21. Carrie Underwood, $15 million; Miley Cyrus, $15 million; Lil Wayne $15 million