- Curren$y ft. Action Bronson- “Godfather 4″Posted 1 month ago
- Bebe Rexha: The Original “The Monster” aka “Monster Under My Bed” [CDQ Audio]Posted 2 months ago
- Mack Wilds ft. French Montana & Mobb Deep -”Henny” (rmx)Posted 3 months ago
- Chance the Rapper’s ‘Social Experiment’ DocumentaryPosted 3 months ago
- Kanin ft. Kendrick Lamar – Winner CirclePosted 3 months ago
On Newsstands: Drake Covers The Source Mag’s #Power30 Issue
For our 14th annual Power 30 issue The Source opted to go the route of young power in featuring Grammy nominated recording artist and actor Drake as the cover subject. In the November issue of the magazine Drake talks about inspirations, his upbringing, his music and more in an 8-page-long feature story penned by controversial former EIC of The Source, Kim Osorio.
Just weeks before the release of his sophomore effort Take Care, Drizzy further acknowledges that the throne is for the taking.
“When I was a kid trying to figure out what I liked, it was [Kanye] who I related to the most. He was an artist, in every sense, from his cover art to his music. Now, I would say he was a really great competitor….”
Also at the heart of this month’s issue is our 14th annual Power 30 list, which ranks the most prominent earners, tastemakers and influencers of the past year in Hip-Hop. In addition to the always much discussed list, The Source also compiled its first ever Digital 30 ranking to acknowledge those who are at the forefront of the web space in the Hip-Hop culture. Last but not least, author and daughter of Malcolm X, Ilyasah Shabazz helps us celebrate the historical dedication of the newly unveiled Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial. Read more in the upcoming issue of The Source with Drake on the cover when the magazine hits newsstands nationwide on November 15th. – The Source