- Tinashe- Vulnerable (NOw FUTUR Remix)Posted 3 months ago
- Future- “I Won” ft. Kanye WestPosted 4 months ago
- Curren$y ft. Action Bronson- “Godfather 4″Posted 6 months ago
- Bebe Rexha: The Original “The Monster” aka “Monster Under My Bed” [CDQ Audio]Posted 7 months ago
- Mack Wilds ft. French Montana & Mobb Deep -”Henny” (rmx)Posted 8 months ago
Sample Sundays: G.O.O.D. Music (Kanye West, Big Sean, Pusha T & 2 Chainz)- “Mercy”
Welcome to Sample Sundays on MTD. I’ve been wanting to start a weekly sample-driven post on here for some time now but I guess it took some new G.O.O.D. Music to finally flip the switch. By now you should be well aware that Kanye dropped “Theraflu” and “Mercy” this week and shambled the Internets. The latter is produced by Yeezy’s recent signee, Lifted, and samples the patois chants of late Dancehall Legend. The sample derives from Fuzzy’s intro on the Super Beagle song “Dust A Sound Boy” produced by Winston Riley.
Since it’s probably difficult for those of us unfamiliar with Patois to understand Fuzzy’s chants, feel free to read a transcription below along with a stream of G.O.O.D. Music’s Mercy.
“WELL—It is a weeping and a moaning and a gnashing of teeth in the dancehall—and who no have teeth gwine run pon them gums. Caw when time it comes to my sound, which is the champion sound, the bugle has blown so many times, and it still have one more time left, caw the amount of stripe weh deh pon our shoulder. Nah bother sound test we, and them can’t test we. COME Super Beagle and your girl!”